RSS

Averted Disaster


Next weekend, we are going to check out some of the places we may want to live, when we move, which is still an undetermined date. That weekend has been planned for months, because it is centered around my niece's christening. It also happens to be Mother's Day and both my mom and my stepmother's birthdays land within the week. But still, there are places to go see. Artsy lofty places, especially.

My man called me the other day to tell me he would be here this weekend, but it's because he has boy plans. I'll see him tomorrow, because he will be spending most of the weekend drinking too much and being a boy. I'm ok with that. What I wasn't ok with was the follow-up musing about whether or not he would be able to go next weekend. To look at places, to the family stuff, all of it. See, he hadn't bought his plane ticket yet, and the prices had suddenly skyrocketed.

I couldn't exactly lecture him about planning ahead and buying the ticket earlier. I am the worst procrastinator about those things myself. Luckily, I live near 3 international airports, so that keeps the airlines in check a bit, with all the competition. Him, not so much. I restrained myself from guffawing at the fact that he would be coming here to party with his friends, no doubt throwing down a good deal of cash for stuff, like beer and baseball stadium food and whatever else boys spend their money on. Strippers? Silly prop bets about nothing? I don't know. I'm fine with all of those things, by the way, and want him to have a great time with those friends he doesn't get to see very often. I'm just not fine with those things in lieu of plans we've had for months. But I restrained. I asked him to look again, and held my breath.

We are going, as scheduled, next weekend. Whew, it was a close one. I need to save all of my arguing skills for the battle of where we will live. I will come back armed with photographic evidence of why I'm totally right pictures of potential places.
  1. DrChako

    May 3, 2008 at 12:28 PM

    Bracelet - hunker down. You are ill-equipped to do battle with this one.

    Elizabeth - are you sure your name really isn't The Wife?

    -DrC